Cuaron’s Gravity on top of the US Box Office
Alfonso Cuaron‘s Gravity puts in agreement both critics and audience. After being critically acclaimed everywhere, from directors like Quentin Tarantino too, the space survival drama starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney debuted on top of the US Box Office of the week, with $55.6 million.
Instead, the other debut of the week Runner Runner flopped badly, grossing $7.6 million and is not destined to improve much next week. The Justin Timberlake-Ben Affleck thriller got pretty bad reviews too.
Below are the complete weekend US Box Office estimates, courtesy of Rentrak:
- 1. Gravity $55.6 million
- 2. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 $21.5 million
- 3. Runner Runner $7.6 million
- 4. Prisoners $5.7 million
- 5. Rush $4.4 million
- 6. Don Jon $4.2 million
- 7. Baggage Claim $4.1 million
- 8. Insidious Chapter 2 $3.9 million
- 9. Pulling Strings $2.5 million
- 10. Enough Said $2.2 million