Konami Releases PES 2014 Game Details
In a pre-E3 conference, Konami releases details about PES 2014 (Pro Evolution Soccer). Konami has developed a new game engine (derived from Metal Gear Solid 5‘s FOX), naming it Fluidity – a name derived from the observation of payers in total football, characterized by constant switching of positions. This new engine allows for groundbreaking new tech that will enhance gameplay, focusing on greater user experience and enhanced player controls. As stated in their press release, this installment of the PES series is:
“totally reworked, throwing off the shackles of previous limitations and allowing the PES Production team to produce a game much closer to their vision of recreating the excitement and variety of a top-level match.”
Originally based on the Fox Engine, the new engine was created exclusively for PES 2014. It allows for higher quality images than ever seen before and centers on six core elements, including:
- True Ball Tech – allowing for enhanced directional control of the ball and barycentric physics that determine the weight shifting of a player, detarmining control of a pass of receiving the ball.
- M.A.S.S. – Motion Animation Stability System; enhanced physical abilities and outcomes of tackles effected by player abilities.
- PES I.D. – recreating movemets of star players.
- Team Play – The use of true life tactics appears truly enhanced to new levels.
- Heart – A Home & Away essence is added, affecting team morale and player motivation levels, influencing players effectiveness and abilities based on how the team performs and match location.
- Core – focusing every aspect on imitating reality.
Konami seems very serious with this new installment of PES. The game is coming later this year for PS3, Xbox360, PC and PSP.